Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Busy, Busy Day

I had a very busy day. I took my survival Czech class today. It wasn't too helpful yet. I didn't learn to say anything (including those Czech swear words!) Right after that we had two lectures from instructors who are in the various programs. One guy talked about Czechs and that it's like to have gone through such cultural changes. The other guy was a publisher and poet. There were interesting but wow--I've been thrown into academia big time! Sometimes it's hard to sit and concentrate for so long.

I went to lunch with some of the gals from our program. I had a traditional czech dish. It was beef goulash with dumplings. It wasn't anything like the goulash that I have tasted. It was these pieces of beef in this gravy and some bread. It looked like small slices of bread but when I cut into them they were kind of doughy. It was pretty good. When you order water here you have to say "no gas" or "still" for regular water and not mineral water.

I went over the Charles Bridge today. It was so cool. It's a very touristy place. There are statues all along it and it looks very ancient. I went with Kate and she took some pictures of me this time. My last adventure pictures were all of the buildings without me in them. I tried to post of facebook but it didn't work. I guess I'll try another time.

Tonight we had some readings to attend. (I told you I was thrown deep into acadamia!!) There were from a poet and a playwright They were both interesting--and I especially enjoyed the playwright I had homework to do tonight--so I'm doing this blog alittle brain-dead. No amusing anedotes, no driver abuse just goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment