Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Short and Sweet

I've had a late night. Every Tues. and Thurs. nights we have readings by the faculty. It's cool to hear what the faculty have written but it makes for a long day. I took my surviving Czech class again today. I'm not sure if I will stay in it. It's not holding my attention much--and I still can't say anything.

The great thing about today was I actually got to sleep in alittle. It was nice to get up leisurely and eat breakfast at my own pace. I rested and read and even wrote alittle today. (wasn't that the idea about coming here??) We go to see a czech file today. It was an old film from the 60's but it was so funny. It had subtitles of course--I will try to make all of the films. The most interesting thing (and scary!) was the way that I was taken down a flight of steps to get to the small theater. I had to transfer in to an old beater chair since mine was too modern to work on this contraption. Then this guy put the chair on this thing that looked like a motorized dolley. It had these wheels that looked like tank wheels that slowly (and surprisingly smoothly) rolled me down a flight of stairs. I will say I was not a believer at first. When that thing took me over the edge--I think my life began to flash before my eyes. But I made it down safely. He then did the same thing to get me back up the stairs. I wasn't as scared on the way up--but it was pretty funky. I'd never seen anything like it before. I'll have someone take a picture of me on it next time and try to post it on my blog.

I'm tired since I've had a long day--so this blog will be short.

3 comments:

  1. yes, it looked very similar to that!! What a trip. I wasn't smiling like you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, using that thing was a real mixed bag - on the one hand, it was excruciatingly embarrassing and frustrating, but on the other hand, all kinds of people came up to us to ask us about it during the l-o-o-o-n-g trip up the stairs, saying they had no idea the museum had this doohickey, and now they could bring grandma to see the Tintorettos. In that sense, it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete